About Me

My photo
British and rambles about cosmetics. I love feedback - follow me and I'll be sure to follow back :) x
UK-based blog of an Avon Representative. Not designed to sell - just to share honest opinions on the products I come across. All are bought with my own pennies! X

Monday 7 May 2012

SWATCHES: ANEW Youth Awakening Lipstick and Ultra Colour Rich Mega Impact Lipstick

Hi all,

I know it can be difficult sometimes to establish the real shades of lipsticks from the small images featured in Avon brochures and online. So I got my hands on two different lippies available from Avon: ANEW Youth Awakening Lipstick and Ultra Colour Rich Mega Impact Lipstick. Here are the swatches of each:

ANEW Youth Awakening Lipstick
Top - Bottom: Silky Pink / Berry Bloom / Glazed Almond
These are a brilliant texture - creamy and easy to apply. I was especially really impressed by Berry Bloom, the pigment is so strong straight from the bullet but you can sheer it out by rubbing the product into the lip with your finger or a lip brush. The first, Silky Pink, looks pretty scary in this swatch but I've also used it myself and it is a great colour if you want a simple nude lip with a subtle shimmer. It doesn't apply as white as the swatch but adapts to your natural lip colour and leaves a light finish. There are eight shades available in this range.

Current price in Brochure 09: £6.00
Current price on Avon website: £10.50

Ultra Colour Rich Mega Impact Lipstick
Top to Bottom: Really Rosy / Fuschia Fun / Pink Pop / Divine Wine
Again, a big fan of these and I am very picky with lipsticks. Each is so pigmented and moisturising on the lips. This is just a small selection from the 8 shades available but as you can see from these swatches there is a variety of textures and finishes available. Personal favourite has to be Divine Wine - I am a sucker for deep berry shades!

Current price in Brochure 09: £5.00
Current price on Avon website: £8.50 (but part of 2 for £10 deal)

I hope this has helped provide a little insight into the true colours of some Avon lippies but if you do have an Avon rep, do ask for samples as they are only about 20p each and really helpful!

Thanks so much for reading - do leave me feedback if there's anything you'd like to see, I love receiving comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment